Mywifiext extender is a gadget that is used to boost the signal and range of a Wi-Fi network. It works by grabbing the signals of your router and then retransmitting them. You first need to set it up and after that, you can start using it to boost your network. To setup Mywifiext extender use Mywifiext.local or mywifiext.net web url.
Here’s how you can do Mywifiext extender setup:
How to setup Mywifiext Netgear extender?
Just so you know, the method mentioned is universal and works for any type of Mywifiext Netgear extender regardless of model and make. Here are the required steps to set up the extender successfully:
- First of all, connect your extender to a power outlet and make sure that the wire or outlet is not damaged or electrocuted.
- Press the power button on the extender and wait for the LED to turn green.
- Now connect any desired device (phone, laptop, and tablet) to the extender either wirelessly or by using an Ethernet cable. If you wish to connect it wirelessly then you need to connect to a network named (NETGEAR_EXT) if you haven’t changed the name of the network so far. If the latter looks fine to you then connect one end to the extender and the other to the device.
- Now upon a successful connection, open any web browser in the connected device.
- Once the browser is launched, enter WWW.MYWIFIEXT.COM in the URL bar found at the top of the browser.
- The web address WWW.MYWIFIEXT.COM is a web application used for the setup of your extender. You will find a button named “NEW EXTENDER SETUP” and you need to click on it to begin the setup process.
- Now you will see some input fields where you need to create an account for your extender. Fill the details in the respective fields.
- Turn the access point switch to the extender side and then click on the continue button to proceed.
- Now you will see an extensive list of all the nearby available networks on WWW.MYWIFIEXT.COM, out of which you need to select the one that you own.
- Enter the password for your network and click on the continue button.
- Now you need to think of a name for your extender and a complex password. Enter them in the respective fields and then click on the continue button.
- After that, just connect your device to the extender’s network and upon a successful connection, click on the continue button.
- Now the last step is to fill up a registration form after which you can start using your extended network.
And that’s it! With these steps, you can easily set up your extender by using WWW.MYWIFIEXT.COM. Let us now have a look at the after-setup process for your extender.
What to do after a successful setup?
Now you need to position the extender at such a place where it can provide the most effective boost for the network. For this, you need to take care of two things:
- The Mywifiext Extender is away from walls and appliances
Make sure that the extender is placed in free space and is not surrounded by any walls. Also, ensure that there is no appliance such as a microwave near it. Such things usually interfere with the network and create connection problems. Therefore, keep away from them.
- The Mywifiext setup extender, device, and router are placed evenly
You need to make sure that the extender, device and the router are placed away I equal distances in a way that the extender acts as a midpoint for the router and the device. This ensures that the extender boosts the network to the longest possible distance.
With the eternal capabilities of Netgear extenders, you can easily ensure that you get the best connectivity for your network. We hope that this guide helps you in an easy setup of your extender.